When people think of pets, they often immediately think of cats and dogs. There are so many other animal choices out there that make great companions, and this includes chickens. If you have the proper space and supplies, chickens make excellent pets. Choose any of these funny chicken names to gift your feathered friend.
Funny Chicken Names by Color
Chickens come in an array of beautiful colors, and these colors can lead you to a perfect name.
- Big Red
- Lemony Snickets (play on a yellowish color and a popular children's book)
- Milkie the Silky
Funny Chicken Names by Physical Appearance
Use what nature gave them and give them a name that utilizes their shape, patterning, and size.
- Lacey (for a chicken with a laced plumage)
- Motts (for a bird with a mottled pattern)
- Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson song)
Funny Chicken Names From Film, Television, and Pop Culture
So many television shows and movies have showcased feathered friends with great names. Other well-known characters in film bring your pet right to mind. Borrow ideas from pop culture for your pet chicken.
- Big Bird
- Chicken Little
- Clara Cluck (Minnie Mouse's friend)
- Camilla (chicken on The Muppets)
- Heihei (funny chicken friend in the Disney movie, Moana)
- Gyro Gearloose (from DuckTales)
- Panchito (Disney's The Three Caballeros)
- Lady Cluck (Robinhood movie character)
- Rocky (from the film Chicken Run)
- Sheldon (based on a Garfield character)
- Chickaletta (Paw Patrol character)
- Roy Boy (based on Roy Rooster from Garfield and Friends)
- Ernie (chicken character on Family Guy)
- R. C. (from Robot Chicken)
Play on Celebrities and Famous Figures
Combine celebrities and traits of chickens to come up with funny and puny chicken names.
- "Shell"y Winters
Meryl Cheep (Meryl Streep)
Henna White (play on Vanna White)
John Hencock (John Hancock)
Gretch-hen Wilson (based on country singer Gretchen Wilson)
Re"peck"a DeMornay (after actress Rebecca DeMornay)
Atilla the Hen
Henny Lane (spin on Penny Lane, famous Beatles song)
Chickie Martin (similar to musician Ricky Martin)
Cluck Berry (based on musician Chuck Berry)
Bruce the Rooster Wayne
Sweet Chicken Names With a Touch of Texture
Everyone likes a fluffy, feathered little guy. Give your chick a name that omits cute and cuddly vibes.
- Ms. Frizz
Great Chicken Names for a Fierce Bird
You have one fierce chicken or rooster. Give him a name that suits his big personality.
- Mr. Big Stuff
- Hennie Heinous
- Harley (based on comic character Harley Quinn)
- The General
- Bully Feathers
Perfect Chicken Names for Shy Birds
Some pet chickens will prefer to hang back and watch life go by. These shy little feathered fellows need a name that suits them perfectly.
- Galina (means spirit of the quiet oceans)
Chicken Names That Play on Country Life
Chickens are often associated with country and farm life. Use terms that refer to the farm and try them on your favorite pet chicken.
- Dixie Chick
- Needle and Haystack (perfect for a chicken duo)
- Cornstalk (for a yellowish chicken)
- Harvey (play on harvest)
- Piggie (for that chicken who never stops eating)
- Polly Poultry
Funny Chicken Names Based on Foods
There are so many popular food dishes that involve chicken. Use such recipes for inspiration in your pet chicken naming.
- Stir Fry
- Egg Nog
- Barbi (play on BBQ)
- Stu (as in stew)
- Pattie (like a chicken patty)
- Alfie (short for chicken alfredo)
- Stuffy (stuffed chicken)
Female Chicken Names Based on Olden Days and Southern Charm
When you think of chickens, you think of farm life. Farm life sometimes then makes people think of the South and the way of life long ago. Try some timeless old-fashioned names of popular names in the South for your little feathered gal.
Male Chicken Based on Olden Days and Southern Charm
These old-fashioned and southern-based names are charming and handsome and are throwbacks to a slower-paced life on the southern farm.
Number One Rule of Chicken Naming
When it comes to naming a chicken, or any farm animal, the most important, and only rule, is to have fun with the naming process. Owning pet chickens is considered eclectic in most parts of the country, so you can play on that element and go with something out-of-the-box. Get creative and expressive with your pet chicken name and make it something special and unique.