A pet monkey is an unusual and exciting animal to care for. If you have decided to devote your time to a darling primate, consider some of these fun monkey names to give your animal!
Funny Monkey Names for Females
These cute and funny female monkey names will make any proud pet owner smile.
- Nanny - play on bananas
- Miss M.
- Jane - Tarzan character
Funny Monkey Names for Males
Play around with any of these male monkey names.
- Big Guy
Monkey Names That Suit a Brown Monkey
Brown is a common color for a monkey. Think of some of your favorite brown things. Will any of those words work for a pet money name?
- Peanut Butter
- Chessie - short for Chesnut
- French Fry
- Kit Kat
- Cocoa Puff
Monkey Names That Suit a Black Monkey
Many monkeys sport a black coat of fur. Use black-colored items for some name inspiration.
- Tux - play on tuxedo
- Darth Vader
Du - means black in Welsh
Kuro - means black in Japanese
Musta - means black in Finnish
Monkey Names for a Spirited Primate
If your monkey has a busy, wild, and spirited personality, use it to give him/her a name that suits her well.
- Wild Man Jack
- Sly Guy
Monkey Names for a Shy Monkey
Some monkeys have a shy disposition. Try using this characteristic to help name your animal.
Monkey Names From Africa
Look to the homeland for name inspiration. Think about the unique places and geography of Africa to arrive at a pet money name.
- Zambezi - African river
- Limpopo - African river
- Gambie - African river
- Kilimanjaro - mountain
- Loma - a mountain range in Africa
- Cairo - a city in Egypt
Namibia - a country in Africa
Victoria - after Victoria falls
Malawi - a country in Africa
Ghana - a country in Africa
Monkey in Other Languages
The word "monkey" in other languages sounds interesting and exotic.
- Majmum (Albanian)
- Mico (Catalan /Spanish)
- Opice (Czech)
- Abe (Danish)
- Apina (Finnish)
- Singe (French)
- Mono (Galician)
- Affe (German)
- Scimmia (Italian)
- Liab (Hmong)
- Maymun (Turkish)
- Macoco (Portuguese)
- Malpa (Polish)
- Biri (Hausa)
- Tsoko (Shona)
- Tumbili (Swahili)
- Obo (Yoruba)
- Monyet (Indonesian)
- Manuki (Samoan)
- Simia (Latin)
- Ungoy (Filipino)
Monkey Names From Literature and Pop Culture
There are so many money characters in movies, television, and literature. Might any of these famous monkeys make the cut when it comes to names?
- Ishmael - book by Daniel Quinn
- Claw - primate in Beast Quest
- Titano - character in Superman comics
- George - Curious George character
- Aldo -character in the film, Planet of the Apes
- Caesar - Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- Joe - Mighty Joe Young
- King Kong
- Lucy - Lucy by Laurence Gonzales
- Jake - My Gym Partner's a Monkey
- Rafiki - Mandrill in Disney's The Lion King
- Lazlo - Camp Lazlo
- Professor Bobo - Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Bingo - character on The Banana Splits
- Amy - primate in the movie Congo
- Fiben - chimp in The Uplift War
- Kala - character in Tarzan
- Nkima - character in Tarzan
- Francine - character in Aurthur's Valentine
- Shift - The Chronicles of Narnia
- Zoey -Zoey and Me
- Abu -Aladdin
- King Louis -The Jungle Book
- Boots - Dora the Explorer
- Mr. Teeny - The Simpsons
- Darwin - The Wild Thornberrys
- Nikko - Wizard of Oz
- Spike - Ace Ventura Pet Detective
- Jack - Pirates of the Caribbean
Female Monkey Names Starting With "M"
Consider using names that start with "M" for a pet monkey name.
Male Monkey Names Starting With "M"
These male names starting with M roll right off of the tongue.
Taking on a Monkey
Deciding to take a monkey on as a pet should not be taken lightly. Unlike other animals, monkeys live for a very long time, anywhere from 20 to 40 years in captivity. You and your primate will be spending a lifetime together, so make sure that whatever name you choose is one that you can live with for many, many years to come.